Retrait ou Livraison (France & International)
Click&collect or Delivery (France & International)
Merger between two properties (Pellecahus and the noble house of Lagrange de Monteil), it is in the XVIIth century that the domain of Lagrange is born. For nearly two centuries, the Château Lagrange belonged to the same family, giving it a very special unity. Charles de Branne de Cours and his family, also owners of Mouton, will make Lagrange one of the most beautiful Medoc properties. In 1787, Thomas Jefferson, then Ambassador of the United States, classified Lagrange as a 3rd Growth. The estate was sold in 1790 to Jean-Valère Cabarrus, who had the Tuscan-style tower built by the Italian architect Visconti. It gives all its elegance and identity to the Château. After Cabarrus' death, it is an ally of the family, John Lewis Brown, who takes up the torch. The estate was at its peak between 1842 and 1875, when Count Duchâtel, Minister of the Interior under Louis Philippe, became the owner. It became the meeting place of the High Society and a refuge for many artists who came to draw their inspiration from it. The Suntory group bought it in 1983 after many dark years: the phylloxera crisis, the World Wars, fires... Today, the estate is in the hands of Matthieu Bordes, who continues the quest for excellence, worthy of the great Saint-Julien.
Spicy and fruity aromas emerge from this dark ruby colored Grand Cru, which has a full, fleshy, fat and elegant palate. Its silky tannins and long finish suggest a good ageing potential for this wine.
Domain : Château Lagrange
Appellation : Saint-Julien
Region : Bordeaux
Grape variety : 72% Cabernet sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 2% Petit Verdot
Vintage : 2008
Capacity : 75cl
To contact us, click here.